Need a wordsmith?
I cherish both words and grammar, an interest I've learned not everyone shares. Here are the types of projects I most commonly work on as a writer/editor/proofreader*.
- Blog writing and editing
- Magazine articles
- Press releases
- Website content
- SEO content (on-page, titles, meta)
- Nonprofit email marketing (donor appeals and newsletters)
- Social media campaigns
*I proof in AP style formatting only.
Content writing pricing
There can be a lot of fear and anxiety about hiring a writer or editor—what if you don't like the content? What if the writer goes above the word count? Here's how I approach this:
- Scope of work: Agree on details before any writing or editing begins.
- Per-project fees: I do not bill hourly or by word count, it will be one flat fee.
- Not a good fit: I'm not the voice of everyone. Depending on the agreement, we can build in an "exit" plan so we're not locked in should we make better friends than colleagues.
Do I only write professional content?
Do I edit books?
I am not a full-length manuscript editor (although I'd love to hear about your book!). I have worked with authors who need broad editing and content support, but I do not provide professional line editing, copy editing or proofreading of full-length manuscripts. If you're looking for this service, I can refer you to awesome resources.
Do I offer social media services?
I use social media every day and encourage my clients to use it as a tool to reach target audiences and goals. When creating content, I often write posts for various social media platforms. I build communications strategies with digital and social in mind.
However, I do not manage social media accounts on behalf of clients. If you’re looking for this type of help, I have an outstanding referral for you.