Freelance writer and editor
As a freelance writer, I cherish both words and grammar, an interest I've learned not everyone shares. Here are the types of projects I most commonly work on as a freelance writer/editor/proofreader*.
- Blog writing and editing
- Magazine articles
- Press releases
- Website content
- SEO content writing (on-page, titles, meta)
- Nonprofit email marketing (donor appeals and newsletters)
- Social media campaigns
- Line editing for books and devotionals
- Training materials
*I proof in AP style formatting only.
Content writing pricing
There can be a lot of fear and anxiety about hiring a freelance writer or editor—what if you don't like the content? What if the writer goes above the word count? Here's how I approach this:
- Scope of work: Agree on details before any writing or editing begins.
- Per-project fees: I do not bill hourly or by word count, it will be one flat fee.
- Not a good fit: I'm not the voice of everyone. Depending on the agreement, we can build in an "exit" plan so we're not locked in should we make better friends than colleagues.
Do I only write professional content?
As a freelance writer/editor, I love to write! Follow my blog or check out my books. If you’re interested in sponsored content or you're a nonprofit requesting a guest blog, please contact me.
What are my bylines?
In addition to writing for my clients, I am also an inspiring speaker and author with a powerful story to tell. My bylines include:
- Cure Magazine
- Philly Inquirer
- Stanford Scope
- Cook for your Life
- Fight Colorectal Cancer
- Colon Club
- Christianity Today
- Lifeway Research
- Brio Magazine
- Fellowship of Christian Athletes
See more on my Muckrack profile.
Do I edit books?
I am not a full-length manuscript editor (although I'd love to hear about your book!). I have worked with authors who need line editing services, but I do not provide pre-press copyediting or proofreading of full-length manuscripts.
Do I offer social media services?
I use social media every day and as a freelance pr pro, I encourage my clients to use it as a tool to reach target audiences and goals. When creating content, I often write posts for various social media platforms. I build communications strategies with digital and social in mind.
However, I do not manage social media accounts on behalf of clients. If you’re looking for this type of help, I have an outstanding referral for you.