Few things are as scrumptious as a homemade, overnight cinnamon roll, yet it can be really hard to either find a great recipe and/or make them. But after trying numerous recipes and several attempts at cinnamon rolls, I found victory last Christmas. Here are my favorite.
Get the recipe
Overnight Cinnamon Rolls by Taste of Home
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 1-1/2 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 5-3/4 to 6-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup softened butter, divided
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Overnight Cinnamon Roll Tips
This recipe is actually really straightforward and easy, but I usually do more work before I go to bed. The goal for me is to wake up early in the morning, pull out the dough, and then finish them off. To do this, here's how I modify:
- Use a rapid rise yeast
- After I mix the dough, I go ahead and roll out, spread the butter and sprinkle the cinnamon-sugar filling
- Put the rolls in the fridge overnight
- In the morning, pull out of the fridge about an hour before baking to let them rise a bit, and then bake according to directions
More from B's Kitchen
I'm always testing and trying out new baked goods, get more of my hand-picked favorite recipes.
Have a cinnamon roll recipe I should try? Send me the link!
MONDAY MORNING SURVIVAL GUIDE
Can I encourage you next week? Let's get through Monday mornings together.